Texas Football is STILL Better than These 33 Things
[caption id="attachment_1236" align="aligncenter" width="474"]
Things are bad for the University of Texas, but it could always be worse. Illustration: Steve Hill for Smack Zone.[/caption]
We know what you’re thinking: What college football team sucks more than the Texas Longhorns under second-year coach Charlie Strong?
Wait a minute. WHY WOULD YOU ASK SUCH A QUESTION?
What are you, some kind of agitator? Do you relish negativity? Are you one of those people who enjoys the misery of others
Damn, that’s cold, dude. And at the start of Red River Rivalry week
, too. You ought to be ashamed.
Rather than ask such a negative, nasty, unhelpful question, why not take a positive approach? Why not think of it in terms of how much better
University of Texas football is than these 33 things:
- A root canal.
- Dropping a bowling ball on your big toe.
- Taking a sip of coffee that you thought was still warm but turns out to be ice-freaking-cold.
- Taking a sip of coffee you didn’t realize was about 8,000 degrees and burning the hell of out your tongue.
- Unpassable kidney stones.
- Running out of gas on Route 90 between Del Rio, Texas, and Van Horn, Texas.
NOT running out of gas on Route 90 between Del Rio and Van Horn.
Idaho football. Barely.
- Dropping your iPhone in the toilet.
- Losing the remote. Again.
- Sitting in a recliner 15 feet away from the coffee table, which is where the remote turned out to be.
- Graduating with $60,000 in student loan debt and having to move back in with your parents.
- Standing in line for an hour at the DMV with no signal on your iPhone.
- When the PlayStation network is hacked again and all you want to do is play FIFA 16.
- Going into the Swamp on a high with national title aspirations and getting the crap kicked out of you.
- Getting sand in your Tag Heuer at the beach.
- Not being able to figure out what Instagram filter works best on your amazing sunset photo.
- Drafting Jordy Nelson in the first round on your fantasy football team.
When Tori Spelling spills the beans about your summer romance.
- Any given Kardashian.
- At least half of the kickers in the NFL today.
- Stepping in dog poop – barefoot.
- Getting eliminated from baseball’s post-season on the last day of the season.
- Getting your name spelled incorrectly on the cup at Starbucks.
- When you have the perfect tweet about how bad Texas football is, but it’s too many characters.
- Finding out Darth Vader is your father.
- Finding out Hayden Christensen is Darth Vader.
Making out with Michael Scott of the Office.
- Having to login EVERY TIME you open an app on a free Wi-Fi signal.
- Craving Chick-fil-A on a Sunday.
- Watching your carefully planned and choreographed Star Trek routine turn into a national laughing stock when the band loses its shape on the field and it starts to look like a giant Jawhawk performing oral sex instead of battling the Enterprise.
[caption id="attachment_931" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Image: Kansas State University.[/caption]
- Toby Flenderson.
Texas football is bad, yes. But it is still better than all of these things. So, take heart, Longhorn fans. It could always be worse.
Thoughts? Leave us a comment.
Comments will be approved before showing up.